Sunday, January 11, 2009

Some thoughts

I kinda like the song Gotta Be somebody by Nickelback. Really sings out the feeling in me. Therefore rising yet another question. Can anybody be that somebody that everybody cares? Some people worked real hard to please others. Yet they do not get attention from anybody. They are always cornered by peers. I have seen many cases of those. Maybe because people are getting more materialistic, the friends they make must be either rich or good-looking. I'm wondering. Not being good-looking, but filled with a sincere heart, will everyone give you a second look?

Today, I meet an old-friend. Our relation last time was good. But his personality has alot of flaws, no comments about his looks. He is getting attention from alot of people because he is rich. Being able to book one floor at a famous club to celebrate his bday. However, he is always splashing money to attract people from other gender. Always boosting about every pretty lass that hangs out with him. He has totally transformed after leaving MBS. The outside world had mould him into a different guy. People that we would dislike.

On the other hand, I would love to have his perception towards live, being positive everytime. But me, always thinking about worst case scenario. Everytime a problem arises, I would think about the worst thing that would happen when I screwed it. I'm still proundly claiming as a 'realist'. Yup, my ego had gotten the best of me, again. Btw, one of my new year resolution is to throw away my ego. I don't understand how I got that. I'm just a underachiever that has succeeded in nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment